#in the flesh #save in the flesh
I’ve gotten a lot of questions about how individuals can help save the BBC3 television show In the Flesh, so I thought I would make a master list. I’ll keep this updated as I learn more and as events start and finish.
Step One: Watch the Show. Make others watch the show.
Here is a link to how to watch this show, if you haven’t. I believe the episodes are, in some form, up on YouTube as well (here is the first episode). These viewing methods do not create ratings for the show, but ensuring that more people have seen it ensures that more people become invested in the show, and subsequently in saving it. If you want to save the show, quickly getting as many people as possible invested in it through any means is crucial.
Though they are not currently available on iPlayer (the BBC streaming program/site), you can check back at the pages (Series One | Series Two) to see if they have come back, and to give the pages hits. Watching through these methods would contribute to ratings, if they become available.
Step Two: Participate in Fandom-Support Events
There are several events currently in effect meant to help give attention to ITF and show that there is a fan base ready to support it. Participating to the best of your ability in these events is one of the most direct ways of helping.
- Event 1: Monthly #SaveInTheFlesh Social Media Sundays- This is a recurring event happening on the last Sunday of every month at 10pm UK time. (original post).
- Event 2: Fan Video Campaign- This is a fan-produced video comprised of clips sent in to this user by fans. Clips are of fans giving reasons why they love the show and want a series 3, and will be composed into one video to be given to TPTB. Submission period ends Aug 26th.
- Event 3: #SaveInTheFlesh Challenge- This is a creative-prompt challenge to produce more fan-created works. Ends Aug 1st.
Step Three: Make use of social media
- Twitter: Use the hash tags #InTheFlesh and #SaveInTheFlesh in original tweets. Follow the cast and creators (Dominic Mitchell, Luke Newberry, Emmett Scanlan, Emily Bevan, Harriet Cains, Kev Sutton, Marie Critchley, Alice Troughton, Damon Thomas, Dale McCready) and while you’re there send them a thank you! Tweet @BBCThree (x) and @BBCAmerica (x)to tell them you love #InTheFlesh and desire to see a series 3 produced.
- Facebook: Like the BBC3, BBCAmerica, and In The Flesh Facebook pages. Leave messages on all three of them expressing your feelings/support for the show and that you would like to see a series 3 produced.
- Tumblr: Tag your In the Flesh posts with “SaveInTheFlesh” or “Save In The Flesh.” Make use of the new mention feature and include @BBCThree and @BBCAmerica in your posts (when you type them in, they should automatically turn into “mentions” and alert both BBC3 and BBCA that you are talking about them and their zombie show. Create fanworks (fic, art, meta, playlists, gifs/photosets, etc) and share them. Submit to ITF collections like Voices of the Redeemed and Sirenfics and In The Flesh Confessions.
Step Four: Engage in free support methods
Sign the Petition to save BBC3. Pass on the post: (x)
Leave a review on the BBC store ITF DVD page (no purchase necessary!). Pass on the post: (x)
View the available video clips on the BBC site.
Share the ULA and Victus information pages directly from the BBC site.
Use the BBC’s appreciation comment page to send show praise and a polite request for more ITF. This is literally its intended function, and comments are stripped of personal info before being sent to the higher ups that make all those decisions about what stuff gets produced and shown.
Step Five: Purchase/View legitimate copies of the show
- America - Amazon DVD and Instant Stream (same page | American)- Only S1 is available for immediate DVD purchase. Series 2 is available for DVD purchase in October. Watch instantly option is available for both seasons. REMEMBER: If you purchase copies through Amazon, you are then able to leave a review. PLEASE DO SO.
- UK Amazon - DVD Series 1&2 | Bluray Series 1&2. REMEMBER: If you purchase copies through Amazon, you are then able to leave a review. PLEASE DO SO.
- iTunes instant download episodes. Series One. Series Two. You can also locate and download them from the iTunes program.
- BBC Store DVD/Bluray and Instant Download.
- If you are in America and use Time Warner Cable for television, you can view the episodes On-Demand. This does contribute to ratings/viewership.
Step Six: Download the Scripts
The scripts for both seasons are publicly available on the BBC website. Someone, somewhere, is watching the traffic for this page, and the number of downloads for the scripts. (Also they are a FANTASTIC read, with a lot of really cool information that you might not get just from watching (like that the treatment center was implanted into a retired slaughterhouse)).
If you have other methods or if you hear about other fandom events starting or happening, please don’t hesitate to let me know! I will happily update this post as things progress, so if you visit the original post you’ll get the most recent version of the master list.
Now, go forth and help save our show! We can do this!!
AE: When it began, Lost Girl was the only show on TV with a singular lead bisexual female character. There were, and since have been more, other shows with lesbian and bisexual characters but they are largely either part of an ensemble or secondary characters. Have you felt a responsibility to portray this character being so unique as a lead character and has that changed over time playing Bo?
AS: I think that all the people who created Bo and put this show together in the beginning – Jay Firestone, Michelle Lovretta, Vanessa Piazza, we had so many people involved in creating her – made a bold choice for them to put a lead character on TV that was bisexual. That was not something we had really seen before. Another element of that bold choice was the fact that it was not going to be the primary theme of who she was. She is also Fae, she is also living in this Fae world. She is a succubus and she is bisexual and that’s a really big deal and really awesome and really important; I’m glad that we don’t deal with it in way that is dishonest.
And that’s where I felt the responsibility to play her – to play the honesty of Bo’s relationships. And those evolved really naturally. I have great chemistry with Kris (Holden-Ried) in real life, I have great chemistry with Zoie in real life. On the page they really brought to life something that has meaning. And it has meaning to us now, too. So, yes, I definitely feel the responsibility. But it’s not a terrible burden. (laughs) It’s not a pressure. It’s a responsibility to be honest. That’s really what it is about."
From Exclusive: An interview with Anna Silk about “Lost Girl” Season 5 on AfterEllen
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in the linked article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Emma, Jessi, or any other contributor at genretvforall.
(via genretvforall)#genretvforall #lost girl #lgbtq characters #anna silk
xceteras said: Hi David! Would love to have "Renew Defiance" written in Votan for fans to pass around! Thank you!
Indeed! Here it is in Castithan:
Give me the option and it’ll probably always be in Castithan. For whatever reason, Castithan’s easiest for me. But to the sentiment: Hear, hear! Ten seasons and eight movies!
How cool is that, y’all??
Now where are the graphic makers in the fandom? Let’s make some pretty posts and get campaigning for that renewal! Tell SyFy how much we love the show and need a season 3!#defiance #castithan #that's the guy who creates the languages for a bunch of sci fi shows btw
#hannibal #freddie #the only one on the show who hasn't eaten people
Make me choose: Freddie or
Frederick, submitted by shawarma-palace
#i freaking loved her chainsaw solution #lost girl #kenzi
hail kenzi the human who gets shit done
Anonymous said: Have you watched Hocus Pocus? I like how they portrayed women. What are your thoughts on this?
The 90s movie? Or is there a tv show too? Can’t say I’ve seen it though, sorry.#replies from emma
#they are too sweet #in the flesh #kieren x simon
favourite character meme: [3/4] relationships
↳ simon & kieren.
#i really hope we see more amy #i really hope we get a third season #in the flesh
Amy & Kieren (In The Flesh 2.05)
#speaking of the orange vest #in the flesh #kieren x simon
get to know me meme: [1/5] favourite relationships - Simon x Kieren
"Tell me what you want. I’ll do anything I can to give it to you. Because there’s what I believe, and then there’s you.”